View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuwa
Guild Leader

re: Siege of Orgrimmar-The Fallen Protectors

Siege of Orgrimmar

Wing 1: Vale of Eternal Sorrow

Second Boss: The Fallen Protectors

Forum Image

The first thing I can say about this fight is that there will be a lot of little things do deal with but the main ideas of the fight are simple.

Things to know:

- There are three bosses all fought at the same time who do not share a health pool.
- At 66% or 33% health the boss summons adds that must be killed while dealing with unique abilities depending on which boss summoned them.
(3 bosses X 2 add phases each= 6 add phases and a very long fight)
- To defeat this encounter: All three bosses must reach 1% health within 15 seconds of each other or they will heal.
- It works best to push Rook to 66% first(deal with adds), then He (adds), followed by Sun (adds). Repeat as you push them to 33%. Once the final set of adds is killed, group the bosses up and carefully DPS them keeping their health percentages as equal as possible as you push them all to 1%
- Healers: Dispels are very important the whole fight! They need to be done fast.
- It's helpful to mark Rook's tank with a raid marker. Never stand near the Rook tank! Rook has a frontal cone attack that really hurts.
- Stay out of the small smoky green clouds of poison that He drops on the ground. They can be hard to see.

Adds made easy!

Rook Stonetoe's Adds:

- Rook's Tank must pick up Misery and again face him away from the raid.
- He's Tank will pick up the Gloom and pull him near the Sorrow
- Interrupt the Embodied Gloom. I suggest assigning one mDPS to help the He tank with this.
- Group up for double orange circles to share damage. (Healers, this hurts!)
- Kill the Sorrow first!
- Once Sorrow dies stay spread out to minimize damage.
- Kill Gloom second.
- Stay out of defiled ground while killing Misery.

He Softfoot's Add:

- Pass Mark of Anguish to the tanks by using the extra action button. Tanks can then pass it between themselves to keep the incoming damage manageable.
- Rook's tank should pull Rook on top of Sun during this phase and dps Sun. Be careful to move Rook between cone attacks and to face him in a safe direction.

Sun Tenderheart's Adds:

- Everyone should stand in the bubble, stack on Sun & kill adds.
- Rook's tank should stand at the edge of the bubble. You want to get the debuff but you also need to be far enough away from your raid that Rook's cone does not kill them. Note that if you moved Rook on top of Sun in the last phase you will simply need to back him away from Sun as you move to the edge of the bubble and he will be facing out of the circle and away from your raid but he will still be in with the adds allowing AOE damage to hit him.
- Everyone else, NEVER STAND ON OR NEAR THE ROOK TANK!!! I can not stress this enough. You should be aware of where the Rook tank is at all times and keep a safe distance.

Good Luck Everyone! I hope this helps.

Last edited by Tuwa on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:40 am; edited 13 times in total

re: Perspective Video

Heres a little more descriptive account of the fight. Little longer but much better as far as the details. Hope it helps. Also covers topics like the Ilvl suggested, tank damage taken, and when to position the boss. Video quality is also a bit more clear.

Also if you change your Camera to HD you can see a LOT better
Tuwa
Guild Leader

re: Siege of Orgrimmar-The Fallen Protectors

I added some updated information to my original post about how to handle the adds.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: