Site Inactive

Guild NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[SFR] Mirmandamus

re: New PC Help

Im looking for a new PC to allow me to run TOR, not got money to burn so looking for somthing that will run it nps but not going to break the bank, when it comes to specs I dont have a clue so if anyone can point me in the right direction be much appreciated, cheers

Jedi Knight

i use this site wenever i do any computer stuff http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ they do alrdy built systems to which are qiute good, not built or bought anythin pc wise for a couple years though this comp been runnin good (cept a new gfx card) so not sure wits good atm, maybe grind or some other smart person can give u few tips bud

http://www.lovefilm.com/ht3mxrw44/visitor/sign_up_1.html

As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall Fear no Evil for I am the Evil
[SFR]Badvok
Sunfall Member
Padawan

Awarded:

Been thinking about upgrades for my machine, also with budget restrictions... If you fancy a self build, i've included a couple of 'ideas' below - one from overclockers, one from Aria. Not included a hard drive or OS in the lists - dunno if you already have these, but the price of hard drives is getting silly atm. I've also included a monitor, so you can save yourself ~£110 if you're happy with your current one.

Overclockers:

Asus GeForce GTX 560 DirectCU 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card £136.99
BenQ G2222HDL 21.5" Widescreen LED Monitor - Black £107.99
Intel Core i3-2100 3.10GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail £94.99
Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard £84.98
OcUK Crusade 650W Dual-Rail High Efficiency '80 Plus' Power Supply £47.99
OcUK Vantage Gaming Tower Case - Black £29.99
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit £23.99
LG GH24NS70 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM £18.98
Total £545.90

This doesn't incl Delivery, hard drive or OS. If you want to include a 500gb HDD and Win 7 Home Prem to compare with the build at the bottom, add £170.

Or from Aria
this
Total £540.91
(again, add ~£170 for direct comparison with build below)

But if you cba to build yourself, try the Titan Xenomorph with a GTX560 and Win 7 Home Prem from overclockers £636.96
BenQ G2222HDL 21.5" Widescreen LED Monitor - Black £107.99

Total £744.95

For all of these, if you can afford it, try get the i5-2500K instead of the i3-2100 i've included - it's an extra £80-100, but it's apparently worth it!

All in all, it works out to be not too different a price between self build and pre-built. The main advantage with self build, is the MOBO selected above is probably a little more future proof than the pre-built.

These are of course merely suggestions/ideas. I'm sure others will have views which are equally valid (or perhaps even 'more equally valid than others' :P)
[SFR] Mirmandamus

Thanks for that, Ill deffo take all that on board, got a month to get it sorted Happy

Padawan

What are the system requirements for the game?

Processor:
•AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
•Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
Operating System: •Windows XP or later

RAM:
•Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
•Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:
•ATI X1800 or better
•nVidia 7800 or better
•Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better
DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.

Thamightyboro

EBAY search Gaming PC filter auction only.

Its that time of year not only have we just had 2 new I7 extreme editions come out so the e-peeners are selling less than 6 month old tech but we also have those who shot there load on a new PC now stuck for xmas and selling cheap.

I always watch ebay closely at this time of year like a vulture picking over a technological corpse as theres always great deals to be had buying from idiots who thought buying a £1300 PC would be bteer than putting money aside for the kids xmas.

Theres some truly great systems on there at present that are selling for cheap as chips.

Warranty means fook all as the majority of parts in these things are no hassle 3-5 year warranties on indivudal parts.
[SFR]Osto
Sunfall Member
Youngling

I would defo got for i5-2500k over the i3

ooh! not thought of ebay... I to am needing a new PC/laptop in time for release.

Found this one ----> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIBOX-INFINITY-Z-INTEL-i7-x6-DUAL-GTX-590-SLI-GAMING-PC-/200609407080?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item2eb540a068

wonder if my wife will mind???

[SFR]l0m0 wrote:
ooh! not thought of ebay... I to am needing a new PC/laptop in time for release.

Found this one ----> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIBOX-INFINITY-Z-INTEL-i7-x6-DUAL-GTX-590-SLI-GAMING-PC-/200609407080?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item2eb540a068

wonder if my wife will mind???

load of rubbish get with the times dude the new 6 core i7 3960X just came out last week what are you thinking of buying redundant tech when we all know a product that isn't current gen is absolutely worthless. Happy
Yribow
[SFR]Yribow
Guild Officer
Jedi Knight

Awarded:

F**k Me, I want that!!!

[SFR]BigBadBazza

[SFR]Yribow wrote:
F**k Me, I want that!!!

Lol

Mac

When you go home, tell them of us and say, " For your tomorrow, we gave our today "
We will remember them.

Mac
[SFR]Tephros
Update Character
Jedi Knight

holy shit, i would sell my fuckin soul for a pc like that, that or suck and swallow of some rich guy tbh, YEA I FUKIN WOULD MMKAY twisted

http://www.lovefilm.com/ht3mxrw44/visitor/sign_up_1.html

As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall Fear no Evil for I am the Evil
[SFR]WataGwaN
Sunfall Member
Padawan

That pc is so cool :D and when ure tired of it turn it inside out and voila you have a modernistic small bookshelf
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SunFall Rebels Forum Index -> Cantina All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum