Site Inactive

Guild NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[SFR]WataGwaN
Sunfall Member
Padawan

re: Graphic card help pls

I am throwing inn the towel on my crossfire Ati 5850 setup and going back to good old nvidia.
I am so stuck between these two cards.

EVGA GeForce GTX 570 1280 MB

and

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2GB

Both almost same priced. Thing is, do i go for 2G mem OR the 570 with 1G?
I play on one screen 1920x1200 ( might use 2 screens in a wile but still only gaming on 1)and I like settings as high as posible. Is there enought power difference between the two to make a difference? Memory is enought with 1G? IS there maybe some other card i could be looking at? Already seen the 570 with 2G mem but price is allitle too high.
Any thoughts/opinions appreciated.

i7/6gb ram
[SFR]Tomex

I just ordered a EVGA GTX 570 HD 2560MB comes tomorrow Happy Back to nvidia after an ATI flirtation to.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-ram-4870,2428-10.html

Quote:
A 2GB card is probably only realistically useful for folks who push 1920x1200 resolutions and above, and who demand the highest visual quality settings in conjunction with AA. Since the price difference is substantial, a graphics card with 2GB of RAM is probably overkill for anyone who has a monitor with a native resolution lower than 1920x1200.
[SFR]Tomex

Also here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18344284 says

Quote:
Therefor I've also cut some great deals on 2GB versions of the 560Ti as well, which as can be seen offers some great performance in Battlefield 3. Here are our 560Ti 2GB deals, which remember a 560Ti with 2GB is faster than a 570 GTX 1280MB in Battlefield 3 and in some cases even quicker than a GTX 580 (smoothness/fluidity):-

Id go with the 560Ti 2gb
[SFR]WataGwaN
Sunfall Member
Padawan

hah! well i almsot did go for the 560ti but then some extra cash ticked inn and I went for the Asus GeForce GTX 580 DCII 1536 MB. Ordered just now. Might need to mod my case abit to get it to fit but no biggie.
Thanks for those links. Was reading up on that VRAM, seems somewere between 1 and 2 G is enought.. were 3G would be overkill.

btw make sure when u get nvidia gtx cards that you get more fans/cooling than that stock fan. The noise it makes is horrible. Unles theyve changed things in the last year.
[SFR] Auveno

As long as you aren't playing on higher res than 1920x1200, the GF570 with 1280MB will most likely be the better choice of said two.

I recently, after quite a bit of research, purchased an Asus GeForce GTX 580 DCII 1536 MB. From most of the reviews I read, the Asus cards with said cooler (DC II) is among, if not the, better choice in the graphics card jungle so my suggestion would be to take a look at the Asus GeForce GTX 570 1280MB DirectCU II.

//Auv
[SFR]WataGwaN
Sunfall Member
Padawan

Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SunFall Rebels Forum Index -> Cantina All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum