Site Inactive

Guild NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SunFall Rebels Forum Index -> Public TOR Discussion.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[SFR]Doctor Sinister
Guild Officer
Youngling

re: Lost Island FP.

Some of us tried Lost Island story mode last night and it was rather hard.

Having read up on it since, it seems that, ironically, we got through the most difficult boss with only two attempts, which makes me feel a little better.

Most people seem to have trouble with a big droid that has a number of nasty attacks that need to be interrupted. After wiping the first time, we went back in and destroyed him in pretty short order. At various stages, adds spawn from tanks on the sides of the room, but I must admit I totally ignored them and just focussed on the droid and tried to burn him down as quickly as possible with sustained DPS. Wiith that in mind, I'm confident we could do him again, but apparently it's not as easy with melee DPS.

Having beaten this guy, we felt pretty good and went on to the next chap, Sovrak, a big monster on an elevated platform surrounded by lava. This guy has an enormous knockback, and after a first wipe, we soon got the hang of how to cope with that, but we ended up really struggling with his other tactic which is to jump on top of some pipes. It seems that the aim when he does this is to activate some consoles which will shoot flames up and bring him down again, the trouble is that whilst he's up there he spits acid on every player (this is supposed to be a random attack but we all got it, every time). The amount of damage he was doing per second was insane, and our healer just could not cope.

We tried quite a few times, and it seems that our tactic of all (bar healer) using a different console was right, but as I say, we ALL got the acid every time and what's more, we were out of range for heals.The only way to avoid the acid is to get out of range, but then of course we could not inflict any damage ourselves. In addition, activating the consoles takes 9 seconds, during which he's spitting acid 4-5 times. it's madness.

Online comments suggest that using two healers might work, but online comments also suggest that this is the easiest of all the bosses in this FP which does nothing for the ego. That said, people have commented that this is basically an Operation toughness mission for 4 people, but oddly, the rewards you get suggest it should easily be doable with the gear we were equipped with

So, all in all, a frustrating experience, but I really want to kill this guy now.

Who's with me?

Dr. S.

Yribow
[SFR]Yribow
Guild Officer
Jedi Knight

Awarded:

I can bring DPS on Haribo, but for whatever reason my healing (Yribow) isn't up to it, could be my kit is rubbish, could be that my reflexes ain't quick enough (probably closer to the truth)

Or just that (according to the real time DPS meter i had running during the 1 minute 45 second fight, he was laying on 940 DPS... on me...

Dex
[SFR]Dex
Guild Officer
Padawan

I WANT IN!!! That whole thing there really pissed me off Happy

The key to the acid is to stay away from each other, so spread out. You take a lot more damage if you stand near each other. Pretty easy fight once you know this Happy
[SFR]Doctor Sinister
Guild Officer
Youngling

[JEA]Redlum wrote:
The key to the acid is to stay away from each other, so spread out. You take a lot more damage if you stand near each other. Pretty easy fight once you know this Happy

We assumed this, but despite being as spread out as we could possibly be, we still got slaughtered. Odd.

Dr. S.

[LRDP]Doa
Sunfall Member

We completed LI on HM tonight (imp side) but it was far from easy we had been trying to do it for 2 days and have spent at least 16hrs in total to complete it plus a shed load of credits on repairs....we tried many tactics on each boss and ended up adapting ideas from other ppls runs to best suit the classes we had i would recommend using a sage as your healer as when it comes to doing the consoles they can apply the shield to each of the grp to prevent to much damage being done and then continue healing also it is best to keep a good distance between each member of the grp so that the acid from sovrak does not jump between you's. if i can help with any advise or tips please feel free to give me a shout. The classes we used was a juggernaut(tank)/sorcerer(healer)/sorcerer(dps)/BH Mercenary(dps).
Dex
[SFR]Dex
Guild Officer
Padawan

I thought we could try better spacing but we did make the effort to find space and wiped, the Sage idea is certainly a good one. Will have to give it a go, if we do and progress thats gonna be one popular Sage!

The reason behind the sage is because 1)It has thats shield it can place on everyone whilst the the tank and 2 dps are doing the consoles on the sovrak boss and 2)The area heal that they have comes in hand for the 1st boss and also the last boss we have tried with a BH healer but they couldnt sustain the healing but we havent tried an operative healer mainly because we don't have one yet .
[SFR]Etagnirps
Sunfall Member
Youngling

[LRDP]Doa wrote:
We completed LI on HM tonight (imp side) but it was far from easy we had been trying to do it for 2 days and have spent at least 16hrs in total to complete it plus a shed load of credits on repairs....we tried many tactics on each boss and ended up adapting ideas from other ppls runs to best suit the classes we had i would recommend using a sage as your healer as when it comes to doing the consoles they can apply the shield to each of the grp to prevent to much damage being done and then continue healing also it is best to keep a good distance between each member of the grp so that the acid from sovrak does not jump between you's. if i can help with any advise or tips please feel free to give me a shout. The classes we used was a juggernaut(tank)/sorcerer(healer)/sorcerer(dps)/BH Mercenary(dps).

I am NOT doing that again for another week or so at LEAST!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SunFall Rebels Forum Index -> Public TOR Discussion. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum