Site Inactive

Guild NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SunFall Rebels Forum Index -> Public TOR Discussion.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yribow
[SFR]Yribow
Guild Officer
Jedi Knight

Awarded:

re: Oh dear...

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/discuss/star-wars-the-old-republic-we-are-looking-at-free-to-play-says-lead-designer/

[SFR]Podge
Guild Officer
Padawan

I saw that too.

I think it's probably a ways off for now... probably after all the server consolidation and see how it goes. The key factor will be at what point does F2P with microtransactions/premium membership become more profitable than subscription.

If they implement it to compete with Guild Wars 2 then the game is indeed dead, it can't compete with that... it's like trying to compete with WoW in it's current format.

Ultimately someone has to have the balls to stand up and say "this is it, this is how it's going to be like... play it or fuck off." Instead, EA are lurching from one desperate scheme to milk money to the next.

What they might wind up with instead is a Star Trek Online... an all but entirely dead game with lingering die-hards but like a single developer working on key areas. Hopefully Lucasarts will step in though and kick EA to the curb, much like they did to Bioware ironically enough with KOTOR2... though given the state of that game in the final part that might not be a good idea, .

God, I think I'd actually like to have SOE running this...

[Rift] Lockjaw
Update Character
Padawan

[SFR]Podge
Guild Officer
Padawan

2 months come monday til my sub expires/renews... not changed it, not cancelled it, so will just see what comes after 1.3, the server rapage and what's going to be in 1.4

trying to keep an open mind because end of the day I really enjoy the game and stories.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SunFall Rebels Forum Index -> Public TOR Discussion. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum