General Game Discussion

SWTOR In-Game Footage Coming Tomorrow....Details Inside

Awesome, I'll definitely be watching for that! Checking out the screenshots has already made me kind of excited. Looks like there's gonna be a pretty diverse race line-up, I've already noticed a couple of the Jedi Council-looking guys on the official site and in the screens. I'll probably still be a human, lol.

I want this game to be good soooo bad. It looks pretty cool and the time period they have chosen is awesome. This is during the Jedi civil war. Essentially armies of Sith vs. armies of Jedi. Should be good shit. The mandalorians (which Boba Fet and his dad are the 'leaders' of later) are in full force, kicking ass.

The footage is out by the way, not much gameplay, more like an in-game movie, but it definitely shows some potential.

And happy B-Day kasto!

Yeah the gameplay video was pretty basic, just some action sequences and a little walking around. They certainly seem very devoted to it, so hopefully they'll knock it out of the park.

At this point I'm probably most interested in seeing what they have planned for classes and professions and stuff like that. The one dude said in the video that they want to make sure there's something for every play style, which got me a little excited thinking about SWG and the depth of the non-combat side of the game. Any early word on when it's expected to be out? Probably 2010, lol.

It's done when it's done.

I'm kinda excited about this now but you guys better start talking about light side or dark side so you have enough time. Does anyone know how they are going to to factions or if they even have them. The way it sounded you don't start dark or light you make choices, if that's the case how do they resolve guilds turning into half light half dark.

Because you know they have got to have guilds or some basic group thing for players.
Berg wrote:
It's done when it's done.

I'm kinda excited about this now but you guys better start talking about light side or dark side so you have enough time. Does anyone know how they are going to to factions or if they even have them. The way it sounded you don't start dark or light you make choices, if that's the case how do they resolve guilds turning into half light half dark.

Because you know they have got to have guilds or some basic group thing for players.

The light Saber scene was cool, least it looks fast paced.
Berg wrote:
I'm kinda excited about this now but you guys better start talking about light side or dark side so you have enough time.

Lawl, yeah, that worked well for WAR and PotBS.

No but seriously, I wonder about the factioning as well. Thing is, from what I played of KOTOR, it was always pretty transparent as to how your decisions were going to affect your outcome. Like you come across a bunch of kids tormenting some old man and you can either join in or tell them to beat it. No big mystery as to which choice is light or dark. Maybe you all start out in the same pool and get filtered into Sith or Jedi as you make decisions. Lots of questions still to be answered.

It is a common theme in SW that the Dark Jedi arise out of the light jedi so... would make sense in some ways to allow intermixed guilds, and not in others. Essentially, any jedi of the other group are just soon-to-be traitors.

, but better decide on faction and server now though for sure. Since they haven't announced servers we should just guess at the names. Then take the once closest... /sarcasm

I wonder how they'll handle communication, too. In SWG a Rebel could send a tell to an Imperial, but of course that didn't fly in WoW. Is it wrong that I'm hoping for SWG in a different package? LOL.

I think I'm going to play on the Kashyyyk server.

It just feels like home.
I miss the good ol days of SWG. The non combat side of the game was amazing and kept so many people into the game for so long. Even the combat flavor of the month was kind of fun. It was easy enough to change from Crafting armor to Combat medic to TK or some wicked Sick Hybrid CM / TK ( Osskti ) .

I have been holding my breath for this game since Bioware joined up with LucasArts just after we left SWG about 5 years ago.

Yuber wrote:
I wonder how they'll handle communication, too. In SWG a Rebel could send a tell to an Imperial, but of course that didn't fly in WoW. Is it wrong that I'm hoping for SWG in a different package? LOL.

World of warcraft was the first Warcraft to stop the cross faction communication. In beta and just after launch you could talk across factions. But there was so much shit talking that the devs blocked it. Very stupid if you ask me. Its against all the lore that they have built into the game. OH well.

A tyrant with an eccentric or nonconformist personality who is the leader of a counterculture that makes life a nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparent irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future
Personally, I like the lack of shit talk. I think shit talk is a distraction an it's an immersion killer. Also, lack of inter faction communication in-game removes collusion, makes it harder to know what they are going to do and it amplifies the feeling of the other faction being "Other". I think it has contributed more than it has taken away from the game.

-Stephen

Yuber wrote:

I can only hope it's a new SWG...i miss it...Let's go Dark >: ) I wanna be a Zebrak again! hornssss wooooo
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em