Eve Online

This is now my mmo of choice

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Yea, cause WoW is a huge EQ knockoff. All the way down to the point where the lead Designer Jeff Kaplan and Rob Pardo where in the Top Guild in EQ.......Tom Chilton is know for ruining Ultima Onlines PVP, and is the PVP lead for WoW....... not to be bitter or anything. WoW just leaves a bad taste in my mouth......EvE's economy is totally player driver. Probably one of the truest. Yes, you can pretty much claim a station and run your own sweat shop, producing items after items after items.
Yuber wrote:
Is EvE a little like that?

Eve is a little like that, but doesn't have quite the level of 'personal brand'.

For very basic and low end items there is a semi-free market economy. Many basic items are seeded by the game, but there is actually trade disparity between the systems even for those items. So, the market reacts to availability and price.

For higher end items, the minerals and materials to make them, and the components to make them only the source is driven by the game. Respawn rates for minerals (like resources in SWG), spawn availablility for NPCs for certain items, etc. Availablity of high end moons for gases for the really high end items are controllable and/or set by the game.

Every single station in the game can be "your store". You make an item, then you can choose where to post it for sales. As a player you can search regionally, in your star system or at the station for an item. you can then buy it and go pick it up or whatever.
One of the great things about this is that I can mine minerals in one system, sell them in that system, then someone else buys them, reprocesses them and makes them into a ship which they take to a completely different system and repost for sale. So, the minerals may sell well in one place, but the ship may sell well somewhere else. Also, if you want quick cash you can sometimes post an item a little closer to a population hub for a good price. It's a complex and interesting, if not daunting at times setup.

-Stephen

Not to mention the Expansions are Free!
Apochrypha is out... skill queueing is soooooo seexxxxyy it makes me want to... well you know...

How many can you queue up? this could be interesting. More interesting than Dual spec in WOW....
You can queue up to 24 hours of skill training. If you have 48 skills each taking 30min to train then you could queue them all, come back 24 hours later having learned all 48.

Definitely useful, though of limited use when you're going on vacation for a week and want to continue training after the first day away.

[EDIT] There's also a neat little feature that if you're part-way through learning a skill and you decide to switch to learning something else, the interrupted skill is automatically added to the queue so will resume once that something else has been learned.[/EDIT]

psychoticneurotic.com
New skill queue is beyond awesome. Wormholes are fun as shit too. There is just enough risk to make it interesting, and the combat is much better. The new ships have much improved AI.

teppic wrote:
[EDIT] There's also a neat little feature that if you're part-way through learning a skill and you decide to switch to learning something else, the interrupted skill is automatically added to the queue so will resume once that something else has been learned.[/EDIT]

Wonder if you can start several skills and then fill your queue and it will still pick up all the partial trained skills still. This would be interesting if your going on vacation if it worked.

A tyrant with an eccentric or nonconformist personality who is the leader of a counterculture that makes life a nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparent irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future
The skills have to be in your queue either way. What Teppic is talking about, I think, is the ability to say "train this now" then the skill moves to the front of the queue and the one you are currently training gets put after it. I really can't say enough about the skill queue, it's a game changer.

One of the things that new people often don't realize about Eve is the interrelationships of the skills. In eve each level of a skill is the same bonus, but each level takes progressively longer. But, there are often muliple skills effecting the same thing. So, in many cases you can get 30% more damage in 1 day of training by training 3 or 4 skills to level III, then you can start working on each one's level IV and V based on your needs. Priort to the skill queue, training this way was a REAL PITA!

So, I fully expect new characters to be much more competent, which will make the game that much better.

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em