Site Inactive

Guild NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SunFall Rebels Forum Index -> Public TOR Discussion.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[SFR]Frejia
Sunfall Member
Padawan

re: Class

I always enjoy playing healer but cannot find any clear-cut healing class. I read the comment by whoever it was that any class with healing ability will be able to main heal, but I wonder what class to choose.

Any ideas?

[SFR]Dex
Guild Officer
Padawan

Listening to the E3 boradcast seems all classes have some healing ability and all classes have res ability if required. Said at 40 mins in, near the end [Daniel Erickson] "if anyone in your group survives they can res everybody else including your companion".
Gonna be a completely different dynamic to what I am used to and really looking forward to that aspect.

yea new dynamics will be fun!

and also i hear all classes have heal skills but they not the same. Some have HOT heals.. some have direct heals etc. So would need to see the specific skills for each class before choosing a "healer" that would suit my play style.
Duraal
[SFR]Korrban
TOR Guild Leader
Jedi Knight

Awarded:

The thinking behind the everyone can heal and rez was they did not want to isolate individuals in to becoming the sit back and watch the action. They wanted it to be dynamic so you could change tactics by rotating your squad in to different roles suited to that particular fight. Plus it lets those who prefer to perform healing task to be profficient in combat also.

It is going to be wierd for me taking on a ranged tank class. I am so used to being toe to toe with a boss enemy.

They did say though that some class trees are more suited towards particular skills. So maybe there is a particular healing skill hidden amngst those. I suspect the smuggler class will be the choice healer class for the Republic because of the cover skill.

My Commando Build
[SFR]Zelol

There will be classes that are more "prone" to healing than other. For instance the Consular can spec into shadow (DPS/TANK) or SAGE (RDPS/HEALER). You can choose the talents that will make you a stronger healer thus making you a healer.

"Seer- Talent tree"

Allows the Sage to master the art of using the Force to heal and protect allies

Also the Smuggler can be a healer with speccing deeper into Scoundrel AC and SAWBONES talent tree.

"Sawbones - talent tree"

The Scoundrel patches his allies up using whatever medical supplies he can scrape together.
[SFR]Frejia
Sunfall Member
Padawan

The consular spec is tempting, sort of like Mdoc / Mrifles in SWG Happy
To be honest I think I've decided to try consular, but will re-evaluate closer to launch.

The other thing is of course that now that I have a wife and kid, I expect to be able to play 1h, max 2h in the evenings. Therefore, I'm quite certain I won't progress as fast as many of you and choosing my class wisely is important, it's unlikely I can change it at a later stage, I won't have time to level up alts.

It gets easier with the kid, his over 1 years old now and there's a huge difference from when he was 6 months, but still, the evening is my responsibility so until he goes bed I cannot play.

[SFR]Dex
Guild Officer
Padawan

Im chuckling to myself as I normally dont play healers, preferring to be right in the melee, but my first choice is still the wise-ass smuggler/scoundrel. So looking forward to what is gonna be a completely new experience in so many ways.
Will try v hard not to let you all die if it does fall that I am "Heals", if not, guess I am gonna have to go knight class so you dont nag me all the time for sucking at healing

i have a feeling there will be many alts so not having too much time to level up a guy means theres bound to be others with other low level alts that can play.
Healer wise for Reb's, yea it would be counsular as best bet for most healer/support class.
[SFR]Frejia
Sunfall Member
Padawan

[SFR]WataGwaN wrote:
i have a feeling there will be many alts so not having too much time to level up a guy means theres bound to be others with other low level alts that can play.
Healer wise for Reb's, yea it would be counsular as best bet for most healer/support class.

Yea I'm hoping there will be people to play with, the issue with a support-class is just that, you need someone to support Happy

Anyways, really looking forward to this game.

Sunfall Member
Padawan

i've always been a doc/medic - for as long as i've played and I was hoping to do the same too - so i've opted for consular too for the time being. The crafting trees look tempting too though Happy crafting, tempting lololol Happy

Dex
[SFR]Dex
Guild Officer
Padawan

I guess it all depends whether rubber and pvc are part of the mats selection, do we get them from gimp corpses or dead jawas?

Tephros' homestead i believe, first come first served basis haha Happy

[SFR]Tephros
Update Character
Jedi Knight

http://www.lovefilm.com/ht3mxrw44/visitor/sign_up_1.html

As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall Fear no Evil for I am the Evil
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SunFall Rebels Forum Index -> Public TOR Discussion. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum