Site Inactive

Guild NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[SFR]Frejia
Sunfall Member
Padawan

re: To be or not to be...

So, I've been looking forward to SW:TOR for some time and was hoping I'd be able to spend some time playing, seems like my destiny was meant to be different.

I've been discussing an idea with two colleagues for a while, for a product aimed at large companies for managing compliance requirements. It's a very good idea and I think there is a market for it.
About a month ago I started developing the product and we've been talking to customers and looking for potential investors since then.
Today, one investor that we've been speaking to came back and said he'd invest £250 000 for a 30% stake in the company. We are a bit reluctant to take the money but we also realized that working two fulltime jobs is not doable, so we will probably take it. If calculations are correct this should secure our salaries for six months. This means however, that in the next six months we need to finish the product and start selling it.

So far I've been working 12 - 15h / day for the past month, but its taking its toll (especially since I have a 1,5year old sun and a wife that is studying medicine), so will be nice to work a little less.
Chances are though, I have to invest a lot of time to get this going since we are under a huge pressure to get a service out and ready.

Therefore, I think I won't be able to play much at start. Hopefully things will settle down, I don't intend to keep this pace for a long time, but until it does I don't think I'll even have time to install the game.

Although... you never know what happens, maybe none of it works out and I end up unemployed playing SW:TOR all day, or you'll see me on Forbes 100... I guess this is the beauty of taking a risk like this, anything can happen ^^

Sounds like a big change and a very interesting opportunity! Go for it and lest hope we see you in Forbes rather that 24/7 online! Im sure you will have a few minutes here and there to drop by and say hi; but as always with mmo´s and games. 1st things 1st; go make that killer product!
Thamightyboro

Always worth taking at least 1 big risk in your life rather than playing it safe never know what will come of it so best of luck.
[SFR]Frejia
Sunfall Member
Padawan

Thanks all, I'll definitely drop by all the time, and as I said, I don't know how things will go, might actually have some time to play every now and then.

Sunfall Member
Youngling

I'll wish you best of luck with your plans, hope all works out well and we'll be seeing you sometime after you finish.

Padawan

Good luck! Happy
[SFR]Istali
Update Character
Jedi Knight

Awarded:

Good work mate, I won't even try to guess what your product does but it seems good if someone is willing to put up that cash, you wouldn't of got no where near an offer like that on Dragons den...

Goodluck mate!!

Anything to do with PCI / ISO ?
[SFR]Frejia
Sunfall Member
Padawan

[SFR]Adifi wrote:
Anything to do with PCI / ISO ?

Yea, currently we have only implemented ISO 27001, PCI-DSS and COBIT. Will be adding a lot more though, still have a bit of basic functionality to add.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SunFall Rebels Forum Index -> Cantina All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum