Site Inactive

Guild NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[SFR]Doctor Sinister
Guild Officer
Youngling

re: Doctor Sinister has entered the...erm...forum.

Greetings fellow Sunfall Rebel people!

I'm one of the refugees from the JEA, so I thought I'd get stuck into my new Guild by saying "hi there" and introducing myself.

I'm a 40 year old SF geek with a passionate interest in Doctor Who and LEGO for the most part. I've been married nearly 11 years and I've got two kids, aged 9 and 7. I'm also an evil genius and supervillain and one day it is my destiny to rule the world. Sorry about that.

I'm also a big Star Wars fan, at least I used to be because I've given up buying the books and comics on the basis that I've already got too much stuff around the house. Essentially...and this is my problem...I've got too many hobbies, more than are good for my wallet. There's a LEGO town in my garage and it's all getting a bit mad. I still buy Star Wars LEGO though, and I'm looking forward very much to the new official SWTOR LEGO sets that are coming out.

I once queued up outside HMV in Portsmouth at midnight dressed as Darth Vader in 1997 for the VHS release of the Star Wars trilogy. Yeah, I'm one of those guys.

In addition to all of this, I'm a gamer, but despite owning around 400 tiles over the last 20 years or so, I'm not really terribly good at many of them, so please don't put me into the "hardcore" gamer category because I really just play for fun - and plot...I love plot. Often if I get stuck in a game my main source of frustration is not being able to find out what happens next.

Star Wars games have been a big part of my gaming life, and my absolute favourite game of all time was TIE Fighter. I got so immersed in that it was untrue...

However SWTOR is only my second ever MMO. I previously played STO for about 6 months (oh yeah, bit of a Trekkie too) but got bored after I hit Admiral and there wasn't enough for my Klingon to do. I always kidded myself I'd go back to it one day...

I've got 8 toons in SWTOR, but only one at level 50, my main - Omi-nous who is a Gunslinger. Because I didn't know what I was doing, I ran a Sith Warrior from level 1 to 47 in gear that just "looked cool" rather than gear that was actually suitable for him. Yes, I'm a noob. And then I hit a wall, realised what I was doing wrong, parked him in orbit at the Imperial Fleet and defected to the Republic. Omi-nous was my first toon where I actually knew what the hell I was doing, so he's way more advanced than anything else I've got. I recently got him into full Rakata gear. My Sith is still there and one day I'll finish him, but to be honest, he's also a bit funny in the head and all that darkness was making me ill so I'm glad I took a break...

I joined the JEA because I have a RL friend there, but that was only a few months ago.

Anyway, all of my toons are now signed up to either SFR or LRDP-IMP and I'd like tp extend my thanks for letting me in. I'll try not to be annoying and to do my best by you all.

I'll stop now because I could be here a long time writing about myself, but I don't want everyone to get bored.

Oh, some of my websites:

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk
www.tabletown.co.uk

Regards,

Dr. S.

Gynggyr
[SFR]Gynggyr
Sunfall Member

Welcome on board. That is probably the most informative 'hello' post I've ever read. As for the super villain thing, I'd just like to say that I Hench as well as if not better than the next man. Just saying. For future reference.

Welcome and thanks for the introduction Happy
[SFR]Doctor Sinister
Guild Officer
Youngling

[SFR]Gynggyr wrote:
Welcome on board. That is probably the most informative 'hello' post I've ever read. As for the super villain thing, I'd just like to say that I Hench as well as if not better than the next man. Just saying. For future reference.

Duly noted. I always need good Henchman. Can you take a bullet without wincing?

Dr. S.

[SFR]Istali
Update Character
Jedi Knight

Awarded:

Nice post buddy, welcome :D

re: zzzzzzzz

god doc that was so boring :D

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum