Site Inactive

Guild NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SunFall Rebels Forum Index -> Public TOR Discussion.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacen-raye
[SFR]Jacen-Raye
Sunfall Member

re: Dread Guard Gear - A preview!

Hey guys!

Was looking up in the internet for more info about the new Dread Guard gear released today. I thought I'd share a couple of images for the stats and visuals for you all
**NOTE** One image is only of the Jedi Knight Gear stats only. Other classes will be similar, but with primary and secondary stats varying.

Forum Image

Forum Image

See bigger images at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wookievision/8027397713/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wookievision/8027396906/

[SFR]Podge
Guild Officer
Padawan

reskinned black hole... still looks fugly

Jacen-raye
[SFR]Jacen-Raye
Sunfall Member

I'm sure that the SWTOR developers prefer the Empire. They seem to get much better looking gear than us Republicans.

I feel a letter coming on ...

Ordovices
Mikouen
Sunfall Member

This is the first major update I've been around for, and I have to say that this barely counts as game development in my book. In fact, the release notes read like a textbook assignment for a college course.

I mean seriously, this is what they've been working on for months? Don't mean to sound like an asshole, but this isn't impressive when over the years I've seen lone modders to great things to a game in just a week with no resources or support.
Jacen-raye
[SFR]Jacen-Raye
Sunfall Member

The major updates they are doing at the moment are just additions for level 50s to give us something to do, as well as enhancing gameplay.
At the moment, these aren't really major updates, they're just updates that involve some extra content.

For major updates, it won't be until an expansion is released, which probably won't be until 2.0. But then again, the level cap expansion much even be in an earlier patch. So far, there isn't much detail.

I know that the next patch, 1.5, will involve the HK droids; getting a HK companion, as well an another operation involving the HK factory,

Ordovices
Mikouen
Sunfall Member

Yeah, 1.5 does sound like an improvement. I just feel that BioWare's focus is in all the wrong places.

TOR is really hurting for actual things to do, which isn't helped by the fact that most of the existing PvE content is the same few quests regurgitated and there are no 'replay' or 'hard mode' mechanics. It's basically a really long tech demo, yet they think we want more of the same.

Rather than new companions and more raid gears (which only serve to render existing content obsolete, in a disturbingly WoW-esque twist), I reckon we need more versatile activities to keep us going. Some diversity would make things less of a drag while watching and waiting until the janitorial phase is done.

Well, it's not like we don't all know that the game needed another year in development anyway. Just my /facepalm and /twocents on the matter.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SunFall Rebels Forum Index -> Public TOR Discussion. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum